When you are already or thinking about running an aerial and satellite installation business in or around Liverpool, you are looking at a segment of the economy that has profit potential. Homes and businesses alike enjoy having these services available, but someone has to come in and put things together for them. If you personally have the knowledge, tools, and skills to do such work, then you have a chance at working for yourself. However, even if you do not, you can start up a business that employs those that do have the needed equipment and talent. Keep reading to learn 5 secrets to successful business if you offer aerial and satellite installation in Liverpool.
1) Don’t let technicians schedule appointments or handle communications: Your installers and technicians should absolutely communicate with clients when an appointment is already booked, but the rest of the time, you should have one core person handling incoming emails, phone calls, and online requests. The primary reason for this is that you do not want your technicians fielding calls while driving around or actually on a client’s property. Those are tasks that should be given their full and undivided attention. A communications professional skilled in social matters is better off as you scheduler and face to the customers.
2) Have consistent branding: There should be a steady colour scheme and repeated logo use across everything your business has. It should show up on invoices and business cards, your website, your employee uniforms, and even the sides of your trucks and vans.
3) Schedule TV aerial installation appointments precisely: Some installation businesses put appointments into blocks of time, cramming in as many customers as they can into a morning or afternoon. However, modern consumers expect to narrow it down to the hour. Honour that, and show up on time. You might think at first you’re not getting as much volume of clientele since you’re not packing the schedule, but you’re also not going to get cancellations from showing up late and losing households to competitors. Showing up right when you agree to means that you create a great reputation, and word of mouth advertising will increase your business over time.
4) Offer maintenance services and check-ups: While in most cases, installation work will be all you offer, figure out if there are any secondary services you can use to round out your portfolio of products and services. Earn client trust with installations and then branch out into related service calls for extra visit volume.
5) Check out your competitors often: Know their products and services and their pricing backward and forward. Even have them come out on their own service calls to your home to see how well they do. Learn their strengths and their weaknesses, and then do better than them.
Now that you know 5 secrets to success when running an aerial and satellite installation business in Liverpool, you can grow your business and possibly even start poaching clients from your competitors.